Stay Healthy with African Fruit Salad. The habit of go green living increases people’s awareness of having natural lifestyle for health. For example, people now start to add fruits to their diets. Some people even do their healthy diet programs by consuming more fruits every day. A study shows that fruits have good benefits for health.
There are many ways to consume fruits. You can have it as a fruit pie, juice, or eat it right away. But the best way is eating the fruit right away because it still keeps the necessary substances within such as vitamin, mineral, and fiber. If eating fruit in its original form gets very boring, you can try it as a salad. Talking about salad, you can try making African Fruit Salad at home. The ingredients are very easy to find. Mostly, African Fruit Salad contains tropical fruits. You can get the fruits at the store. It is also very easy to make.
Ingredients of African fruit salad
African fruit salad basically are made of selections of tropical fruit. The ingredients are actually easy to find. They are;
- 1/2 cup of avocado
- 2 cups of banana
- 1 cup of mango
- 1 cup of guava
- 1 cup of watermelon
- 1/2 cup of papaya
- 1 cup of peach
- 1 cup of pear
- 1 apples
- 1 cup of pineapple
- 5 oranges
- One lemon
- ¾ cup of lemon juice
- Ground nuts
- Coconut, grate
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
How to make African fruit salad
- Prepare all the fruits you need. Peel the fruits. Then you can cube or slice them, at least they are in bite size. Make sure you do not forget to remove the seeds.
- Put the fruits inside a bowl to mix them.
- Pour lemon juice and orange juice inside the bowl. Like other salad, you do not need much liquid. It is enough to wet the fruits in liquid, not soaking the fruits inside.
- Add flavor and aroma to your fruit salad by adding vanilla extract and cinnamon powder.
- Actually, fruits already has its natural sweetness, but if you want to add more sweetness, you can add sugar to your salad. If you prefer natural taste, you can add honey instead.
- After pouring all ingredients inside the bowl, mix them well.
- This salad is actually good to serve when chilled. So, you can chill it inside the refrigerator for several minutes before serving.
- Take out the the salad from the refrigerator, spread coconut grate and ground nut. You can choose any kinds of nut that you like. Spread them as garnish
- The salad is ready to serve. You can out them in glasses for personal size.
Nutrition Facts of African fruit salad
This African fruit salad gives you enough calories. It contains up to 55% calories for you. The calories from fruits are good for your body. It gives you enough energy to do your work. However, it is easy to digest and easy to burn. It will not cause weight gain. People even consume fruits in their diet.
Actually, fruits are not only bland. They contain sugar too, but sugar in fruits is natural sugar. They are often called as fructose. Fructose is natural sugar which does not contribute to raise your blood sugar level. Based on a research, fructose in fruit has good effect for people with diabetes because it helps control the blood sugar level.
It is already clear that consuming fruits is good for adding fibers to your diet. Fruits are rich sources of dietary fiber. Consuming fibers brings many benefits for your body. The first benefit is that fibers keep constipation away. It helps you to break down substances such as carbohydrates, fats, or proteins that you consume. Since it is easy to digest, it helps the starches pass your digestive system. This also brings benefit for your diet. Since it helps your digestive system, fiber can prevent diabetes and heart attack.
Vitamin, mineral, and antioxidant
Of course, adding fruits to your diet will increase the intake of necessary vitamin and mineral. These two substances are good in maintaining your body condition, boosting your immune system, and keeping the health of all body parts from the bones, eyes, to the internal organs. Besides vitamin and mineral, fruits contain rich antioxidant. It works to detox your body and keep the condition of your body cells.
As you can see, African Fruit Salad is very easy to make. The ingredients which are mostly tropical fruits are also easy to find at the nearest store in your town. By consuming this salad, you add necessary substances to your body such as sugar, calories from fruit, fiber, vitamin, mineral, and antioxidant. Those substances bring good benefits for your body such as boosting your immune system, keeping the health of your digestive system, helping you lose weight, and prevent diabetes. So now you can try to make it at home.